Requirements and Procedure for Trademark Registration in Kyrgyzstan
Trademark registration requirements in Kyrgyzstan
- Power of attorney simply signed, it can be filled in 2 months.
- Design of the trademark in JPEG format in case of a graphical trademark (not required for word mark).
- The details of goods and/or services for witch the trademark will be registered or the classes in case they are known.
- Details of the trademark owner (name, address, registration number).
- Invoicing details (name, address, fiscal number, registration number).
- Certified copy of priority document in case priority is to be claimed in 3 months from filling.
Trademark registration procedure in Kyrgyzstan
Trademark registration in Kyrgyzstan: The trademark registration procedure lasts 20 months. The protection lasts 10 years from the filing date.
Other trademark procedures in Kyrgyzstan
Trademark renewal in Kyrgyzstan: The trademark renewal may be done within the 12 months before expiry. After renewal, the protection lasts 10 years.
Trademark use in Kyrgyzstan: When a registered trademark has not been continuously used for 3 years from the registration date (or the date of the last use) a cancellation action may be filed by an interested person.